Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving at McDonalds

Sorry for not posting in a while...I've been busy studying for midterms!

This was the first year that I wasn't home for Thanksgiving. Although I missed my family, our ranch, and my mom's marshmallow-covered sweet potatoes, I had a great time with one of my Japanese-American friends, Martha. After getting our nails done the Japanese way (gel nails with crazy and fun designs), we went for shopping and dinner in the fashion forward Harajuku district. Unfortunately, turkey and dressing isn't on restaurant menus during the fall season, or any season, so we opted for the famous American restaurant, McDonalds.



I have to say I was impressed with the chic and clean atmosphere that the Harajuku McDonalds boasted. The interior was of modern design with mood lighting and it was nice to see all the super skinny Japanese people sitting in the appropriate sized booths, tables, and high-tops. The McDonald's employees were well-dressed and used formal Japanese language with their customers, which is a definite change compared to the American stores.

I ate a non-greasy fried chicken burger with fries and a medium Sprite (the medium is the same size as the small in America). The food was great! Also, when we were done with our food, a waitress came up and threw our food away for us.

Great service, food, and atmosphere, I didn't even feel like I was sitting in McDonalds! I would happily go back to try a real burger and see how that compares.

*From what I understand not all McDonalds' are as nice as the one in Harajuku.

No comments:

Post a Comment