Sunday, August 18, 2013

Host Family

Finally only three weeks away and I got my host family!! They seem really nice. It is a single mom with two daughters ages 9 and 11 and they love hula dancing and playing basketball. I'm hoping they aren't too tall... I can't wait to see how the Japanese family interacts and I am curious to see how the family dynamic is without a husband. It will be interesting to see if the family is treated differently among the Japanese community because she is a single mom.

What I'm most nervous for at this point, besides worrying how I'm going to pack everything into one suitcase, is how I'm going to get from the apartment outside Tokyo all the way to my school, Waseda. My last excursion in Tokyo had me lost in the subway station for 40 mins, despite the obvious English signage. I will definitely be getting a jolt of independence during my 11 months abroad!


No comments:

Post a Comment